Tuesday, March 3, 2009

LOOKBOOK

I gotta admit, I love Mos Def. There's a little Mos Def shaped hole in my heart that beats everytime I hear Black on Both Sides, even if the album is almost ten years old.
I'm old.
Fear Not of Man is the opening track, and Def weaves in the beats with this beautiful prose:

"You know what's gonna happen with Hip-Hop?
Whatever's happening with us
If we smoked out, Hip-Hop is gonna be smoked out
If we doin alright, Hip-Hop is gonna be doin alright
People talk about Hip-Hop like it's some giant livin in the hillside
comin down to visit the townspeople
We are Hip-Hop
Me, you, everybody, we are Hip-Hop
So Hip-Hop is goin where we goin
So the next time you ask yourself where Hip-Hop is goin
ask yourself.. where am I goin? How am I doin?"



Too poignant for a post on fashion?



LOOKBOOK delivers Mos' prose in fashion form. Instead of leaving fashion to the Anna Wintours of the world, Lookbook users post their fashion finds and inspirations to spread the all-you-can-see buffet of user generated couture.

So the next time you ask yourself where fashion is goin
ask yourself.. where am I goin? How am I doin?
[And go to Lookbook for a slice of idea pie]

Reassuring words for Hipsters who feared their postmodern tailoring had sewn its last thread.

For more on Lookbook, click here.
For full outfit details on image above, click here.

No comments: