Monday, February 2, 2009

Invention: Midomi

I fell in love with the Shazam iPhone application the moment I downloaded it. So the Midomi website peaked my interest tremendously. Instead of listening to the recorded music, you can hum or sing a song into the microphone, have that analyzed and it will tell you the artist and song. Supposedly!


I decided to put it to the test and belted out a few in the name of science. Unfortunately for my song selection OR my lack of carrying the appropriate tune, it only was correct on 1 out of 4 songs.

Here were the songs that I sang. (Maybe humming would serve me better??)
Apples in Stereo - Glow Worm
TV on the Radio - Dancing Shoes
Lil Mama - Lip Gloss
Britney Spears - I'm not a girl, not yet a woman! (ya, I sang this..WHAT??)

The technology matches songs using recordings submitted by other users. So, in essence more mainstream selections will give you better result. But, give it a try!

No comments: