Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bravo to Daniel Kleinman

There are few adverts out there that have ever brought a tear to my eye. The IKEA "Lamp" spot made me hoard every last piece of furniture I own like a live-action version of The Brave Little Toaster, GM's "Robot Arm" lead me to blow kisses at every piece of mechanical machinery I ever saw tipping over bridge waters, and when I realised that Wendy's Chicken Caesar Fresh Stuffed Pitas were no longer with us, their replacement "It's Hamburger Bliss" campaigns made me well up like a little girl, even though I was a little girl at the time.

No, Wendy's. It's not Hamburger Bliss.

Gleeful and fancy-free, I thought my ad watching days would no longer call for tears and tribulations. "Relax!" the industry guffawed. "Have fun and laugh with us at our products!"

And then of course came Daniel Kleinman.

"Stork" is Monster.com's fourth installment of their campaign headed by major directors. This epic short is directed by Daniel Kleinman; Agency: BBDO New York.

Get your box of kleenex, teen journal and copy of Catcher in the Rye ready.
Holden Caulfield's about to lose his Chicken Caesar Fresh Stuffed Pita, and Monster.com's about to win their Holden Caulfields.

No comments: